DNS Women's Health
May 15-17, 2020
San Diego, California
An introduction to the concepts and Principles of Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilization (DNS) and its appliction to the health and care of the female patient.
Martina Ježková, MPT
Martina Ježková completed her Physiotherapy Master’s degree in 2001, at the Faculty of Physical Education and Sport, Charles University, Prague. She was a student of esteemed Professors Janda and Lewit, whom she later worked with at the Rehabilitation Clinic, University Hospital Motol, Prague.
In her 17 years of clinical rehabilitation practice at the University hospital, Motol, Martina worked with a broad scope of patients, including babies with cerebral palsy and children with central coordination disturbance, scoliosis, neurological disorder patients, gynaecology patients with functional sterility, pelvic floor dysfunction and other pelvic health issues. She also worked with professional and amateur athletes and elderly patients, to develop movement optimization strategies. In 2018 Martina opened her own private physiotherapy practice, outside of Prague.
Martina was certified therapist in Reflex Locomotion according to Vojta since 2004 and attends regular refresher courses. She has completed numerous professional development and instructor level trainings, including: Development Kinesiology in Rehabilitation and Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilization principles (with Prof. Pavel Kolář), Manipulative Therapy in rehabilitation and Post Isometric Relaxation, soft tissue manipulation and manipulation of spine and extremity with Prof. Karel Lewit and Functional Sterility assessment and treatment according to Mojžíšová. In January 2014 Martina completed her first Yoga Instructor certification in Australia. Since 2014 she has continued to study and incorporate Yoga as part of her approach to movement rehabilitation and in 2018, she became a certified Iyengar Yoga instructor. Martina has also completed short courses in Klapp crawling (based on developmental kinesiology), Kinesiotaping, Fascial manipulation techniques according Stecco,, fascial Yoga and Yoga for MS patients.
Martina closely works under Professors Pavel Kolar’s supervision and teaches movement rehabilitation approaches, both nationally and internationally. From 2002 to present, she has been an instructor in rehabilitation at the 2nd Faculty of Medicine, Charles University, Prague, teaching both Physiotherapy and Medical students. Since 2004, Martina has served as a certified instructor in Musculoskeletal Techniques according to Lewit and since 2001 as an international certified instructor in Developmental Kinesiology and Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilization according to Kolář. Drawing from her clinical practice, Martina has also developed specialized DNS courses in Women’s Health and in the application of DNS principles to Yoga in Rehabilitation.
DNS Women's Health Course Objectives
Understand the DNS approach to:
- Basic principles of developmental kinesiology with an emphasis on development during the first year of life
- The relationship between development during the first year of life and pathology of the locomotor system in adulthood.
- Assessment of the integrated stabilizing system of the spine utilizing dynamic functional tests
- Corrective exercises based on the DNS functional tests and developmental positions
- Functional sterility
- Urinary stress incontinence
- Non specific pelvic pain
- Soft tissue & visceral techniques, “active scar” treatment using barrier phenomenon according to Lewit
- DNS based mobilization for lumbar spine and Lewit’s mobilization and relaxation techniques + self treatment techniques for pelvic region
- Corrective exercises for female patients suffering from stress incontinence, PFM dysfunction and pelvic pain syndrome.
- Demonstration of global exercises patterns for women using an exercise flow.
10803 Vista Sorrento Parkway, Suite 100 San Diego, CA 92121
Course Day's and Times:
Friday 10am -6pm
Saturday 9am - 5pm
Sunday 9am - 4pm
**In addition, there is a fee of 80 Euros (~100 dollars) for the Prague School. Follow the link below to take care of that fee: