Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilization
September 3-5, 2021
San Diego, California
Come join us for this special course integrating the concepts and principles of DNS to the assessment and training of the Running Athlete.
Petra Valouchova, DPT, PhD (lead instructor - Prague School of rehabilitation) and
Michael Rintala, D.C. (Prague School international instructor) will be teaching the course.
Petra Valouchova, DPT, PhD: http://www.rehabps.com/REHABIL...
Michael Rintala, D.C.: https://www.rehabps.com/REHABI...
10803 Vista Sorrento Pkwy.
San Diego, Ca 92121
For more information
DNS Running Sports Specific course
- Postural-locomotion function from a developmental perspective
- Developmental kinesiology aspects for ideal stereotype of running and other sports performance
- Biomechanics of gait and the running cycle
- Basic core stabilization as a prerequisite for locomotion patterns
- The role of the diaphragm during aerobic exercise; dual postural-respiratory diaphragmatic function
- Correction and training of the proper breathing stereotype
- The extremities functional differentiation for running - stepping forward and supporting function for the contralateral pattern of running
- DNS exercise positions to train core stabilization as a prerequisite of the ideal running stereotype
- Biomechanical and developmental kinesiology principles for foot centration & foot orthotics and selection of optimal shoes for different type of running
- The most frequent types of musculoskeletal dysfunction resulting from non optimal running stereotype and poor methodology of training: plantar fasciitis, Achilles tendonitis, knee pain, hip pain, low back pain
- Stretching and coordination exercises from the developmental perspective in order to get ready for running; educating the runner
*Space will be limited in order to provide an ideal ratio between instructor and students. We will be limiting the number of spots available, register early to secure your spot!
Course Fee's and Registration Instructions:
**In addition, there is a fee of 80 Euros (~100 dollars) for the Prague School. Follow the link below to take care of that fee:
*Due to the expense involved in hosting this event and the presenter from the Prague School, all registration payments are considered final, and will not be refunded except under special circumstances.