Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilization Exercise/Sport 1
The Surf Athlete
June 18-20, 2021
San Diego, California
Come learn and explore the integration of DNS concepts and principles into the sport specific movement and training of the Surf Athlete
This course is open to both the clinician, strength and conditioning and movement specialist. It will illustrate how they can work together to attain optimal results for their patients, clients, and students.
Target audience: Chiropractors, Osteopaths, PT's, ATC's, Acupuncturist, Strength & Conditioning Specialist, coaches, body work therapists, exercise physiologists & kinesiologists, Movement specialist (Dance,Yoga, Pilates, Gyrotonics instructors).
Michael Rintala, D.C. -
Michael Rintala, D.C. is in private practice in San Diego, California specializing in sports medicine and rehabilitation.
Dr. Rintala is part of the USA Surfing Performance Committee, Professional Golf Association (PGA) Tour Sports Medicine Team, and a treating doctor for the World Surf League (WSL).
Dr. Rintala is an international instructor on Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilization (DNS) for the Prague School of Rehabilitation. He is a certified DNS Exercise Trainer and DNS Practitioner.
Is a surf athlete who spent two decades on the professional surfing tour, the latter half of which he took out surfers half his age. Knox retired from the ASP after the 2012 season. Taylor Knox is truly one of surfing’s living legends. Taylor was known for his commitment to fitness while he was competing, and now, with his on-going quest for longevity and durability he has integrated DNS Concepts and principles into his training routine which he calls the ARC Method
Tim Brown, D.C. Tim Brown - Bio Dr. Brown combines his own experience as a high level athlete along with 30 years of working with elite athletes in a variety of competition settings. Because of the unique “field of play” challenges he experienced with professional beach volleyball and surfing, Dr. Brown created functional treatment systems with movement, taping and bracing techniques that focus on improving posture, core control/movement recovery and rehabilitation.
-Founding Medical Director of AVP
-Medical Director Northern Hemisphere, ASP/WCT
-1998 - American Chiropractor Association Council on Sports - Sports Chiropractor of the Year
- Created SPRT taping and treatment technique
- Inventor of sensorimotor apparel and supports w/9 patents
- Founder of IntelliSkin, PostureCue andCoreCue, Human Technology
Paul has worked with Taylor Knox and other high level athletes for years and founded the “Arc Method” surf training program. He is a certified strength and conditioning specialist and Holistic Health Practitioner. His never ending thirst for knowledge has earned him the DNS Exercise trainer certification (DNSET).
- Demonstrate an understanding of the basic principles of developmental kinesiology.
- Describe the relationship between development during the first year of life and dysfunction of the locomotor system in adulthood.
- Discuss and demonstrate the basis of human movement: support, stepping forward, the biomechanics of motor function, the verticalization process & functional joint centration in postural development.
- Evaluate and correct poor respiratory patterns. Assess the integrated stabilizing system of the spine both visually and utilizing dynamic functional tests.
- Integrate corrective exercises based on the DNS functional tests and developmental positions in supine, prone, low kneeling, oblique sit, and quadruped global movements. demonstrate the application to surf specific demands
- Demonstrate how DNS corrective exercises can be integrated with other exercise strategies in order to enhance injury prevention and performance of the Surf Athlete
For questions email Michael Rintala, D.C.: [email protected]
Course Fee's and Registration Instructions:
Early Bird, before May 1, 2021 - $650
After May 1, 2021 - $750
Student course fee is $545
*There is a fee of 80 Euros (~95 US dollars) for the Prague School, which goes towards research. Follow the link below:
Cancellation more than 90 days before course = 90% refund.
Cancellation 30 to 90 days before course = 50% refund.
Cancellation less than 30 days before course = no refund.
Participants may transfer registration to another person at no additional charge.