Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilization
The Running Athlete
November 16-18, 2018
Petra Valouchova, DPT, PhD
Michael Rintala, D.C.
Petra Valouchova, DPT, PhD: http://www.rehabps.com/REHABIL...
NW Sports Rehab
33400 13th Place S Federal Way, WA 98003
Michael Rintala, D.C.
DNS Running Sports Specific course
- Postural-locomotion function from a developmental perspective
- Developmental kinesiology aspects for ideal stereotype of running and other sports performance
- Biomechanics of gait and the running cycle
- Basic core stabilization as a prerequisite for locomotion patterns
- The role of the diaphragm during aerobic exercise; dual postural-respiratory diaphragmatic function
- Correction and training of the proper breathing stereotype
- The extremities functional differentiation for running - stepping forward and supporting function for the contralateral pattern of running
- DNS exercise positions to train core stabilization as a prerequisite of the ideal running stereotype
- Biomechanical and developmental kinesiology principles for foot centration & foot orthotics and selection of optimal shoes for different type of running
- The most frequent types of musculoskeletal dysfunction resulting from non optimal running stereotype and poor methodology of training: plantar fasciitis, Achilles tendonitis, knee pain, hip pain, low back pain
- Stretching and coordination exercises from the developmental perspective in order to get ready for running; educating the runner
*Space will be limited in order to provide an ideal ratio between instructor and students. We will be limiting the number of spots available to 30. We expect the course to fill up quickly so reserve your spot early to insure your ability to attend.
Course Fee's and Registration Instructions:
The course fee is: $695
Student course fee is $595
In addition, there is a fee of 80 Euros (~100 dollars) for the Prague School. Follow the link below to take care of that fee:
Please contact me for further payment and reservation info..
*Due to the expense involved in hosting this event and the presenter from the Prague School, all registration payments are considered final, and will not be refunded except under special circumstances.
Hampton Inn: https://maps.google.com/?q=31720+Gateway+Center+Blvd+S+Federal+Way,+WA++98003&entry=gmail&source=g
Courtyard Marriott: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Courtyard+by+Marriott+Seattle+Federal+Wayemail@example.com,-122.3016252,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m7!3m6!1s0x54905781a40e8b1d:0xe01a13dab5a76e4!5m1!1s2018-05-26!8m2!3d47.3166318!4d-122.2994365